Monday, May 10, 2010

On some shared words

I received an email from my cousin today and she shared some word of wisdom she read this morning  from the book of mark that says " anything you take in your mouth and enter your body cannot defile but it is  that what goes out  from your mouth can defileth" means - it is not the food what you put into your mouth can destroy a person because it just goes in the stomach and the dirt goes to the anus, but what which comes out on  your mouth, the word that you say or what's in your mind, the bad thoughts you have, and bad deeds or things that you do, these are the things can destroy a person. She tries to explain to me, that those words that came out is from our heart most especially if we are angry and our wrath will be poured through our mouth by saying bad and vindictive words oftentimes resulted to breakup, distorted relations and no communication .
To relate this words, she gave me an example about her relationships to her siblings. They've seen each other very rarely however instead of enjoying and savoring those times that they miss they were shouting and exchanging words that it shouldn't be said. 

 Sometimes we cannot control our anger, we said words we shouldn't say because our emotional hurt triggered us.
I sometimes cannot control my anger, Sarah used to told me that  I should think first before I started to talk otherwise I get it worse.
 

1 comment:

Carmen Araneta said...

Hi Charmie, thanks for your greeting. Yes, Carmen in Spanish means 'charm', I think, like your name. The Bible says, "out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks" and "death and life are in the power of the tongue". So words can make or break us. When you speak it out, it is created in your life.

on how to fight this pandemic

In this time of pandemic,  one thing we have in common as mommies is to protect our children  and ourselves. We bought vitamins to boost our...