it was a new day, a new discovery hehehe.... lets find out what i discovered ..LOL, like invention or experiment..my new baking habit. Actually i love cooking, i love to be in the kitchen all the time and discover new things, i used to read recipe books and copy a simple recipe. I used to start a simple recipe yong kaya ng bulsa ko..lol...
Sarah(my elderly employer) thought me how to make mandelbread recipe and i want to give you a small background of this recipe. I called it "sarah's mandel bread"
Mandel bread, or mandelbrot, is a traditional Jewish cookie that is slightly softer than biscotti. These treats can be enjoyed with a cup of coffee like biscotti, or as a child's treat to be enjoyed with milk while playing a game of dreidel during Hanukkah. No matter the occasion, mandel bread is always a good choice for a snack.
THINGS YOU NEED
1 pound of self raising flour
250 grams of margarine
4 oz of white sugar
4 large egss
1 teaspon almond syrup
half glass almond nuts cut into pieces
1. Mix the sugar and the margarine in a magi mix mixing bowl.
2. Add the 4 eggs and the 1 teaspoon almond syrup. Just make sure that everything is mix properly.
3. Add or pour slowly the 1 pound of self raising flour into the working magi mix machine. Mix properly until the the dough is crumbly.
4. Put the dough into the mixing bowl and cover and let it stay in the the freezer for about 10-15mins. I usuall put it in the freeze only fo overnight.
5. Split the dough into 4 parts and roll each piece into a log that's 8-10 inches wide and 2 inches thick or depends on you. Place logs on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 30 minutes in an oven preheated 350 degrees F.
6. Loosen the logs with a metal spatula onto a cutting board. Allow the logs to cool for 5 minutes, then cut them into 1/2 inch slices.
7.Place the mandel bread pieces back on the sheet and bake for 10 more minutes with a low degrees. The mandel bread should still be somewhat soft when removed from the oven a second time.
8. Dust your cookies with powdered sugar or top them with jam before serving. Mandel bread also is good served alone. But I didn't do it.:):) I served it only as a cookies.
result of first baking, still soft.. you have to
put it back to the oven for 10 minutes or until it's a bit harder.
Hello my dear readers and fellow bloggers. How you doin' guys? It's been a long time that I haven't visited here or give a chanc...
Featuring Girls Talk Theme this week - What's inside my Bag? I recently used this bag on my Baha'i Garden adventure last Sunday. ...
A real friend will always possesses these 10 qualities and even more which can be important for you. If you also give these qualities to you...
Life is full of ups and down and I'm thankful that despite of life experiences I've been through I'm still here to see this beau...