Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Proust Questionaire - In my words

Have you know about The Proust Questionnaire?

I've heard about about this But I have know idea what was it, until I did research about the history of it. 

Marcel Proust was a French writer who took this survey several times with enthusiasm. He believed that people must know and understand themselves before they could know and understand others. Thus, he developed a list of subjective questions that he felt would help reveal a person's true selves and true nature.

Lets see if mine will be revealed.. Be honest!

1.  What is your greatest fear ? To get old without having someone to care for me.

2.  What is your idea for perfect happiness? There is no such thing like to love and be love in return. Lived life the best way i can and cherish memories. Feeling whole and complete that nothing in this world can go wrong.

3. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself? My stubbornness and my tendency of getting irritable easily when it comes to standing of what I believe but arguing with those who can see any other opinion than their own.

4. What is the traits you most deplore in others? Liar, Dishonest, Selfish and Judgmental

5. Which living person do you most admire? I admire the story of Dr. Ben Carson - world renowned neurosurgeon, a son to an illiterate mother, who worked  3 jobs at a time just to give her boys the best education.

6. What is your greatest extravagance ? Though I love beautiful things but I'm not such an etravagant person. My mini series laptop which is not so necessary is the most expensive thing I've ever bought.

7. What is your current state of mind? Pretty good but a little apprehensive, pensive , excited.

8. What do you consider the most overrated virtue? Self-discipline and respect - when you have this , others will follow.

9. On what occasion do you lie? When I'm not interested..I make some excuses  If it is not important invitations.

10. What do you most dislike about your appearance? I dislike my legs and my curly hair ^-^

11. Which living person do you most despise?
Hating someone intensely is far too easy to do. But I really hate someone, who take advantage my innocence and ignorance.

12. What is the quality you most like a man? Intelligence and compassion

13. What is the quality you most like in woman? Strong sense of self and Genuineness.

14. Which words or phrases do you most overuse
? " Thank you" , "Hello & Hi"  , " How are you" and  " I love you"

15. What or who is the greatest love of your life? My family - they are always a family whatever happens.

16. When and where were you happiest? When Erwin proposed me to marry him.

17. Which talent would you most like to have?
I would like to be a photographer.

18. If you would change one thing about yourself, what would it be
? I would love to have a flawless legs LOL..

19. What do you consider your greatest achievement? Having a bachelors degree despite of being poor.

20. If you were to die and come back as a person or a thing, what would it be?  A butterfly - just fly with no worries at all.

21. Where you would most like to live?
Canada - a land of opportunities and wonderful place to live.

22. What is your most treasured possession?
My College Diploma

23. What do you regard as the lowest depth of misery? To be aged, alone and poor - no money.

24. What is your most favorite occupation?
Being a bank teller -  high regard job.

25. What is your most marked characteristics?
Aside from my stubbornness, I am a good listener, good daughter and sister.

26. What do you most value in your friends? Kindness, thoughtful, laughter and tears.

27. Who are  your favorite writers?
Danielle Steel, Rick Warren, Dale Carneige

28. Who is your fictional hero? Batman probably because he is always dependent on his own grit and determination 

29. Which historical figure do you most identify with? - Princess Diane - my life is not like her but I admire her being love by many people around the world with her kindness. I can do as I can to help others and I can feel I have a kind heart like her.

30. What are your favorite names?  Karen, Cindy, Paul, Stephanie - a few to mention

31. What is the most you dislike ? Hypocrisy, Nusty, Rude, pretenders and people who doesn't want to appreciate simple things.

32. What is your greatest regret? I have no huge regrets - I admit I made little mistakes along my journey in life and learn to accept and move on.

 33. Who are your heroes in real life? My mother - who never give up life easily and Sarah who give the best for her children and adored and admired her mother very much.

34. What is your motto.?  Never, never, never give up 



Sources : VanityFair

















No comments:

on how to fight this pandemic

In this time of pandemic,  one thing we have in common as mommies is to protect our children  and ourselves. We bought vitamins to boost our...